Skip to main content

Moved By Decision-Making: André Akkari

André Atari is the result of a series of decision-making-decisions that led him to find in poker a way to provide a better life for his family, win a acelet at event #43 of the World Series of Poker (SOP), cheer For Corinthians, to be part of Team PokerS tars Pro, invest in eSports through Curia, among other achievements and achievements. MGG azil spoke with the professional poker player and co-owner of Curia about the movement and culture that the organization has become, the beginning of his career in the card game, the restlessness that always makes him create new projects and more.

first contact (late) with poker

Unlike many people in the middle of the poker, Atari did not know the card game through mental games like chess and backgammon. I didn't play decks, I didn't think that cool, I liked to play ball. I was born in the east of São Paulo, for me life was football all day on the street. However, right at first, Poker made Atari fall in love in 2005. I worked at a technology company, and we had a customer with poker. We had to install software to make a proposal for them, so I installed and started to have a lot of fun playing Play Money, which is what we call fictitious money, and it was angry, I found the game too much!. Going to financial problems at the time, he joined the useful with the pleasant: his curiosity and desire to study that new possibility of making money. Still, even as an adult, he faced a difficulty or another to convince his family that he knew what he was doing.

the acelet

Currently, azil is recognized as a country full of poker players with a lot of potential and Atari has been among them for years. Veteran in the scenario, he was part of the movement that helped recognize poker as a skill game, not unlucky in azil, and also entered the history of the sport for winning the country's second acelet in the history of World Series Of Poker (SOP), during event #43 of the Championship-Este is the non-monetary prize desired by players, having the same representativeness as a trophy, for example. In a conversation with several memories, when asked if he was nervous the day he won the acelet, he replies yes, but not negatively. It was an epic day, my family was with me, daughters, wife, best friends, and seeing everyone cheering in the stands cheering, shouting, celeating, in a scenario in which this is not common, was epic, because it is not all that has crowded stands. If I close my eyes, I remember exactly the day, the smell of the environment, the texture of the chips that was holding. I was nervous, I had to be, it is very different from the daily lives of many people and even a poker player, but it was a positive mega, something that forced me to focus, to make better decisions, not to go wrong Then it didn't disturb me, quite the opposite. In the dispute, I saw my nervous opponents with all that crowd, with azilians screaming. As if he was facing the table on that June 28, 2011, he adds: I knew I had to make good decisions, that in the short term a lucky factor can take a title of someone, but in the long run I was already making the right decision. And when you are there, you realize that you are making good decisions, otherwise it would have fallen in 400º, 500th place. When you come so far, you want to win anyway, and you got you, I'm glad you got it.

The result of poker study years

As said by Atari himself during the interview, it cannot be said that poker suffers prejudice in society: Prejudice is very serious, there is prejudice of race, gender, poker is not about it. Still, it is possible to say that the career of the professional poker player is still seen as unusual and risky, although today it is certainly easier to present this universe to others than in 2005. It is also worth remembering that you need to see successful poker careers beyond a meritocratic speech, where effort is simply rewarded with glory. In addition to studying the game to ensure good results and good decision-making, it is necessary to have responsibility. Adding one thing with the other, gradually Atari has reaped the fruits of his dedication to the game and today collects a series of important memories that directly impacted his life and also made her more fun.

There were several moments that, when I looked out, I thought: Car , look what is happening. The more moments like this go, the less shock you have, you get used to it. The first moment that dazzled me was when I asked my first apartment. It was epic because my wife and I had a lot of debts, the bank pressed us, we were sleepless when the checks came back, and suddenly got a large amount of money that simply allowed me to go to the bank and pay off that.

When I took the role of discharge, I didn't believe they would ever charge us again. Becoming a reference in the poker, Atari began to know and approach his own references in other areas of life. I am very Corinthian, and suddenly I met Ronaldo and this is very f . When he exploded at Corinthians, I went to the games at Pacaembu, viated, cried when he scored, and suddenly he was sitting in front of me playing poker. I remember asking him: is it yourself or is it a mask? With Neymar was the same thing, but more intense, he is more my friend, in fact, the kind that is always together. At first, you clash. I met him at a Polestars press conference, and then he said my name and I cleaned myself. When he saw me, he got up, gave me a hug and then started a stronger friendship. Then you worry less about the athlete he is and more about the person, because he gets to know people in essence, no more shock, just affection, is a very cool stop.

The decision-making that led you to the fury mode of living

Despite meeting Counter-Strike and other games when younger, and having frequented LAN Houses occasionally, Atari says: This was never my vibe, as his business was to improvise goals on the street to play soccer with my friends. It was already with a consolidated career in the poker that he approached the eSports. I met Fallen, Caldera and the club for the first time in Las Vegas.

Mão

I was playing a World Cup and Fallen sent me a message saying he was there too. We met, they were super cool, we went to a ballad together, laughed a lot and started cheering for SK at the time. Around the same period, he became a partner of CNB alongside Ronaldo and Igor Profane. Shortly thereafter, Atari became a partner of Curia as well. This decision was made by the player because of his desire to participate in an organization that wanted to invest in a new azilian CS: GO team, something that was not part of CNB's plans at the time. When asked if I imagined that being part of the fury would ing such a great feeling of belonging and family, Atari says: When I entered, I had no idea, I had no idea it would be that way, I had never participated in anything like that. Poker came close, but it is more decentralized as a company because it was another movement. In life, you engage with things, for example, female empowerment is not a company, it is a movement, a concept, in which you hit the wrong reality to build the right. The poker was about it. When you put company in the middle, it seems that this process of engagement is not so easy to build because it is strange since it has a commercial and financial side. But early on, when we started to grow, I saw that the fury was going to this side of engagement. We have many people with capacity who want to evolve while making big decisions and participate in great processes. He also points out that he sees the fury beyond a family. I'm not much of the family thesis as people see normally. Family does not choose, you are born there, and sometimes it is bad, sometimes you do not have the family you would like. In the fury is more than that, we built a stop together, we chose to be there. I'm a lucky guy because I would have chosen my family, but I know from friends who would have chosen others. This concept is relative and in the fury we choose to be together. And the day someone no longer wants, I know we will remain connected, because the loop is greater than work, a circumstance. Cover photo: Danny Maxwell Photography-DMP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DISYCO ELYSIUM KIM Kitsuragi stands for friend * inside that saves us every day life

Kim Kitsuragi from Disco Elysium belongs to my absolute favorite hero * inside because he reminds me of all the people in my life, which endure my escapades with incredible serenity, stoic equanimity, and infinite patience. Because the disco Elysium-NPC Kim Kitsuragi, that is, the main character, is not even evil, if I exclude the ground as an absolute failure the barrel. Kim is still there for me, accept me, takes me as I am. Even though that means I can not remember him, my own name, my job or anything else. Kim Kitsuragi is the true hero of Disco Elysium Who is this Kim? In Disco Elysium, we wake up with a bad hangover from an even evil fullrough and remember nothing - not even our own name. So we get the best video game explanation for the complete ignorance and amnesia served the main character. Shortly thereafter, we already meet the colleague and policemen Kim Kitsuragi, who accompanies us as a party member all the rest of the game. That's why I like him so much: So

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot: Rumor: CyberConnect2 announces new game in February

The responsible studio of Dragon Ball Z: Apart, Demon Slayer, Naruto Shipped and more, CyberConnect2, is supposed to announce a new game according to an insider in February. It could be a new IP or a smaller game. This insider believes that it is not about Dragon Ball Z, as the developer already plans to publish something to Apart in January and speculate on a new Naruto or One Piece game. What do you think could be the next game of the Japanese studio?

Elden Ring: How to find the hiding dealer in Siofra

From now on you can see in a new video for Elden Ring, where the hidden dealer is located. The dealer also has some useful things in the range. A visit to him is worthwhile! In the following video you can see where he is: Elden Ring is now available for 69.99 euros and can be ordered from the Microsoft Store. You will receive the Elden Ring Deluxe Edition for 89.99 euros. If you want to support us, then share this video, the Ring YouTube channel, leave a thumbs up when you liked the video-and activates the bell so that you will be notified immediately, as soon as a new video is published.